Ingredients in every 2 ml
Each package contains
|ATC Level 1||J – Antiinfectives for systemic use|
|ATC Level 2||J01 – Antibacterials for Systemic Use|
|ATC Level 3||J01G – Aminoglycoside Antibacterials|
0 TO 1 YEAR OLD
Initial dose 10 mg/kg/day to be followed with 7.5 mg/kg every 12 hours.
1 TO 18 YEARS OLD
Children and older infants with normal renal function: 15 mg/kg/day divided into 2 or 3 equal doses
18 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE
500 mg twice daily. The maximum total dose for adults: 15 g.
The usual duration of treatment is 7 to 10 days. The total daily dose should not exceed 15 mg/kg/day or 1.5 g/day.
PATIENTS WITH IMPAIRED RENAL FUNCTION
Daily dose may be reduced or prolonged intervals to avoid the drug accumulation. The initial dose is 7.5 mg/kg. Recommendation of the method to estimate dose in patients known or expected impaired renal function can be calculated by multiplying serum (in mg/100ml) creatinine concentration by 9 and the result is a dosage interval in hours.
Amikacin is indicated in the short-term treatment of serious infection due to susceptible strains of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria.
– Septicemia (including neonatal sepsis)
– Serious infections of the respiratory tract.
– Bone and joint infections.
– Central nervous system infections (including meningitis).
– Skin and soft tissue infections.
– Intra-abdominal infections (including peritonitis).
– Infections of the burns.
– Postoperative infections (including post-vascular surgery).
– Serious complicated and recurrent urinary tract infections.