Dexyclav FDS syrup
Ingredients in every 5 ml
|Clavulanic Acid||62.5 mg|
Each package contains
|ATC Level 1||J - Antiinfectives for systemic use|
|ATC Level 2||J01 - Antibacterials for Systemic Use|
|ATC Level 3||J01C - Beta-Lactam Antibacterials; Penicillins|
CHILDREN AGE <12 YEARS OR WEIGHT <40 KG
– Otitis media, sinusitis, lower respiratory tract infections and urinary tract infections: 40/10-60/15 mg/kg body weight per day in divided doses every 8 hours.
– Skin and soft tissue infections, tonsillitis: 20/5-40/10 mg/kg body weight per day in divided doses every 8 hours.
To minimize potential gastrointestinal intolerance and to optimized the absorption, it is recommended to take amoxicillin-clavulanate combination at the start of a meal. Treatment should not be extended beyond 14 days without review.
PATIENTS WITH RENAL IMPAIRMENT
Children <12 years of age OR weight 30 ml/minute):
No change in dosage.
Moderate impairment (creatinine clearance 10-30 ml/minute):
15/3.75 mg/kg in divided doses every 12 hours.
Severe impairment (creatinine clearance ˂10 ml/minute):
15/3.75 mg/kg as a single dose daily.
15/3.75 mg/kg as a single dose.
Patients should receive an additional dose both during and at the end of dialysis
– Upper respiratory tract infections such as tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media due to Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis and Streptococcus pyogenes.
– Lower respiratory tract infections such as acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis, lobar and bronchopneumonia due to Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis.
– Genito-urinary tract infections such as urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis and female genital infections due to Enterobacteriaceae (especially E.coli), Staphylococcus saprophyticus, and Enterococcus species.
– Skin and soft tissue infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes and Bacteroides species.
– Bone and joint infections such as osteomyelitis caused by Staphylococcus aureus, which is prolonged treatment may be needed.
– Other infections such as septic abortion, puerperal sepsis, intra-abdominal sepsis.