Glice IV injection
Ingredients in every ml
|Glyceryl Trinitrate||1 mg|
Each package contains
|ATC Level 1||C - Cardiovascular system|
|ATC Level 2||C01 - Cardiac Therapy Drugs|
|ATC Level 3||C01E - Other Cardiac Preparations in ATC|
18 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE
Recommended doses range: 10-200 mcg per minute, up to 400 mcg per minute may be necessary during some surgical procedures.
Starting dose: 25 mcg per minute for the control of hypertension, may be increased by increment of 25 mcg per minute at 5 minutes interval until the blood pressure is stabilized.
Treatment of perioperative myocardial ischemia:
Starting dose: 15-20 mcg per minute, with subsequent increment of 10-15 mcg per minute until the required effect is obtained.
Unresponsive congestive heart failure:
Starting dose: 20-25 mcg per minute, may be decreased to 10 mcg per minute or increased in steps of 20-25 mcg per minute every 15-30 minutes until the desired effect is obtained.
Initial dose: 10 mcg per minute, increment of 10 mcg per minute at 30 minutes intervals according to the needs of patient.
0 TO 18 YEARS OLD
Safety and efficacy have not yet been established.
Glyceryl trinitrate solution is a concentrate which should be diluted prior to IV administration. The product is normally administered IV as an admixture using a suitable vehicle such as 5% dextrose or 0.9% sodium chloride injection.
– The rapid control of hypertension during cardiac surgery.
– Reducing blood pressure and maintain controlled hypotension during surgical procedures.
– Controlling myocardial ischemia during and after surgery.
– Unresponsive congestive heart failure secondary to acute myocardial infarction.
– Unstable angina which is refractory to treatment with beta blockers and sublingual nitrates.