Glumin XR 1000mg sustained-release tablets
Ferron Par Pharmaceuticals
Ingredients in every sustained-release tablet
|Metformin HCL||1000 mg|
Each package contains
|ATC Level 1||A - Alimentary tract and metabolism|
|ATC Level 2||A10 - Drugs Used in Diabetes|
|ATC Level 3||A10B - Blood Glucose Lowering Drugs; excl. Insulins|
17 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE
Single dose Glumin XR 500,750 and 1000 mg:
– The initial dose of Glumin XR is one caplet 500 mg once a day.
– After 10 to 15 days the dose must be adjusted to the measurement of blood glucose. Enhancement
dosage slowly improves gastrointestinal tolerance. The maximum dose is
recommended is 4 Glumin XR 500 mg caplets a day
– If glycemic control is not achieved with administration of Glumin XR at a dose of 2,000 mg once a day,
administration of Glumin XR 1,000 mg twice daily can be considered, both are given
along with food. If glycemic control is still not achieved, patients can be given tablets
standard metformin up to a maximum dose of 3000 mg a day.
– In patients who have received metformin tablets, the initial dose of Glumin XR should be equivalent
Daily dosage of metformin tablets is released fast. In patients given metformin treatment with
doses above 2000 mg daily, replacement with Glumin XR is not recommended
– If replacement and other oral antidiabetic drugs are to be made: stop using antidiabetic
and start the Glumin XR dose as indicated above.
0 TO 17 YEARS OLD
GLUMIN XR should not be used in children.
65 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE
Due to the potential for decreased renal function in elderly patients, the metformin dosage should be adjusted based on renal function. Regular assessment of renal function is necessary.
As mono– or combined therapy with sulphonylurea in patients with Non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (type 2 diabetes) especially if overweight and whose blood glucose level cannot be controlled by diet alone.
As an adjuvant therapy in insulin-dependent diabetic patients with hardly controlled symptoms.