Hemolok 1% solution
Marketed by Dexa Medica
Ingredients in every 100 ml
Each package contains
|ATC Level 1||D - Dermatologicals|
|ATC Level 2||D08 - Antiseptics and Disinfectants|
|ATC Level 3||D08A - Antiseptics and Disinfectants|
1. To open the bottle for the first time, press the cap on the cannula. The spike inside the cap will pierce the cannula.
2. Remove the cap from the cannula.
3. Hold the bottle with the neck of the bottle between index and middle finger, keep thumb on the bottom of the bottle.
4. Spray the solution directly on to the bleeding surface by pressing the bellows (the long cannula enhances access to the site, bellows helps spraying with minimal effort).
5. Remove the excess solution with gauze or suction after the procedure.
1. Remove the cap and cannula from the bottle.
2. Pour the solution in a sterile vessel.
3. Take sterile gauze and soak them in solution.
4. Gauze saturated with solution can be used for mopping the oozing surface.
5. Remove the gauze soaked with solution once bleeding stops.
Hemolok is indicated as external hemostatic agent for surgical and diagnostic procedure in Adults and children including patients with disturbances in the blood coagulation system.
Hemolok can be used for:
– As hemostatic agent in all types of surgeries wherever oozing from capillaries and venules is present.
– Various surgical procedures from incision, irrigating the raw area prior to suturing and also after suturing the wound.
– For packing raw area in surgical procedures like oncosurgery where lot of oozing from the excised tissue is observed. Thus it helps in minimizing postoperative drainage in terms of time and volume.
– Irrigation, dressing and packaging of external wounds like abscess, lipoma, laceration, etc.
– Postoperative packing due to its hygroscopic nature it prevents adhesions of the gauze pack to the raw area of the wound.
– Irrigation the burn site to reduction serious oozing and to prevent loss protein rich fluid.