Ingredients in every capsule
Each package contains
|ATC Level 1||J - Antiinfectives for systemic use|
|ATC Level 2||J01 - Antibacterials for Systemic Use|
|ATC Level 3||J01D - Other Beta-Lactam Antibacterials in ATC|
12 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE
– Respiratory tract infections and other infections caused by susceptible Gram-positive bacteria: 3 x 100 mg/day (3 x 1 capsule/day).
– Severe infections caused by susceptible Gram-negative bacteria: 2 x 300 mg/day (3 capsules in the morning and 3 capsules in the evening).
– Uncomplicated urinary tract infections: 2 x 100 mg/day (1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule in the evening).
0 TO 12 YEARS OLD
Safety has not been established
To minimize the appearance of organisms resistant to cefdinir, as a rule the susceptibility of causative organisms should be confirmed before use and administration should be limited to the shortest period that is needed for the treatment of the infection.
Cefdinir is indicated for the treatment of the following infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms in the following diseases:
– Upper respiratory tract infections caused by Streptococcus pyogenes.
– Skin and skin structure infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes.
– Lower respiratory tract infections caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae (β-lactamases positive and negative strains).
– Urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis.